We’re here to help! Call us at 724-223-1181.


Image of 2 people holding hands
How We Can Help
Treatment Centers

We work with several detox centers, inpatient rehabilitation centers, halfway houses and outpatient...

Restrictive Treatment Programs

The Restrictive Treatment Program brings the full weight of the criminal justice system and the components...

Diversion Program

The Diversion program goal is to help intervene in the lives of offenders who, without such intervention...

If I need help, how do I start the process?

Most insurance companies cover drug and alcohol treatment, refer to the back of the insurance card and call the number to get more details of what type of treatment and what facilities are covered. Washington Drug and Alcohol Commission, Inc. is the agency of last resort and is there to help those without any type of insurance. Call WDAC at 724-223-1181 and choose option #1 to complete the short screening over the phone. Face to face screenings are available in the office located at 90 W. Chestnut Street – Millcraft Center on the 3rd floor. The screening involves answering a short questionnaire and takes about 8 – 10 minutes to complete.

Depending on the situation, you will be scheduled for an assessment appointment with the office or a referral may be made to an outside agency for your assessment. Prior to coming into the office it is required that an application be filed with the Department of Public Welfare. Click to go to the Dept of Human Services and complete the application on-line. Proof of completing this must be presented at the office before an assessment will be done.

What to expect when you come in for your appointment

When you come into the office you will be asked to complete paperwork and then meet with a Case Manager who will  conduct your  assessment.  The assessment is a standardized tool used to determine the appropriate level of drug and alcohol treatment needed.  Plan on being in this assessment for at least one hour. Once the assessment is complete the case manager will make a recommendation for treatment.  If you choose to accept the treatment recommended; all arrangements will be arranged with the appropriate treatment facility by the case manager.

Washington Drug and Alcohol Commission, Inc. (WDAC) contracts with a network of licensed drug and alcohol providers within and outside of Washington County, providing a full continuum of drug and alcohol treatment. These licensed agencies provide various levels of care for drug/alcohol treatment including occurring/complex conditions (mental illness and substance abuse) treatment. Services ranging from basic services, methadone treatment, traditional outpatient drug and alcohol treatment programs to the most intensive residential programs.

What happens next?

The next step in the process is that your Case Manager will set up all the necessary arrangements for you. For inpatient treatment this also  includes setting up transportation to the treatment facility.

Your Case Manager isn’t  finished yet.  They continue to conduct stay reviews with the treatment provider throughout your drug and alcohol treatment stay to help provide continuity of services to you during your stay. Not only do they follow your treatment at the treatment facility and they will help you with followup treatment if necessary. Your case manager will also assist you to reverse the life ares that have been negatively affected by the use of alcohol and other drugs. They will facilitate links to services to help improve basic life skills, housing, educational or vocational opportunities, parenting skills or other needs that you may have that are available in our community.