Marijuana use is increasing according to the most recent PAYS survey and our area is above the states average. Test your knowledge below. According to the 2015 survey 71.8% of high school students answered that they use marijuana regularly and only 14.3% said that they felt adults would think it was wrong to use marijuana. When you think of marijuana most people think of a joint, however marijuana use today can be different types and ways of use. Let’s test your knowledge.
- Some types of marijuana can have a 40-80% THC level? True or False
- 710 is a code for a type of marijuana? True or False
- Marijuana is harmless, just helps you relax? True or False
- Can marijuana decrease a person’s IQ? True or False
- All marijuana is the same, right? True or False
- Because marijuana is being legalized that means it’s safe. True or False
- Marijuana can be used around you and you would never know it? True or False
- Concentrated marijuana can be a deadly process to make it? True or False
See how you did…
1. True, marijuana concentrates can have ranges from 40 – 80% THC.
2. True, It is actually OIL upside down slang for marijuana concentrate.
3. False, it causes a rapid heart rate, increase in blood pressure, paranoia, anxiety, panic attacks and hallucinations. Users may also experience withdrawal.
4. True, research shows that with regular marijuana use by teens that it reduces their IQ levels and test scores.
5. False, not all marijuana is the same. Depending on the process and type, the levels of THC can range from 20% to 80%.
6. False, just because it is legalized does not mean it is safe. Alcohol is legal and everyday people die of alcohol poisoning.
7. True, concentrates are now being used in electronic cigarettes and are odorless.
8. True, because of the process to make the concentrate it is highly combustible and can result in violent explosions.